1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cut thawed chicken breast into one inch strips. The tenderloin cuts work best for this since they are already halved and tenderized.
3. Mix up breading mix.
4. Whip up two eggs
5. Dip chicken into egg batter and then roll in breading.
6. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet. ( You can just spray the pan too.)
7. Spray the fingers with butter flavored cooking spray for extra browning.
8. Cook between 20-30 minutes. ( I realize my stove is slower than most . I cook on the high-medium rack.
9. Serve hot.
They reheat pretty well too.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 Minutes w/ a slow oven, probably 20 with everyone else's
Expense: Less than a $1 serving. I made four+ servings for less than five dollars.
The most expensive item was the LC Foods Tortilla Chip mix. I added a little for flavor and texture.
Taste: Good, but a little spicy. Heavy hand with the Kickin' Chicken Flavoring
I would make this again with a little less seasoning,
Carb Quick 2
Tortilla Mix 1.5
Spray & spices less than 1
for a rough estimate of 4 carbs per serving
I realize a plain baked chicken breast would have no carbs, but occasionally comfort food hits the spot.
Ingredient Run Down
Weber Kickin Chicken Spice- Ace Hardware
LC Foods Tortilla Chip Mix- LC Foods
Happy Cooking :)